[Edu-sig] Question ?

Kirby Urner urnerk at qwest.net
Mon Apr 19 15:06:10 EDT 2004

Maybe it's all programming (with feedback -- two way street).  As runtime
humans, we get as good as we give.

My step daughter dual majored in theater and computer science.  I used to
think there was a lot of distance between these.  But then I remembered
that, as a theater goer, the usher hands me a Program (or Programme in Olde
English) as I take my seat.

However, computer programming is more like TV production than
behind-the-scenes stage management, in that you might edit for weeks on a 10
minute commercial.

Real time execution (the performance itself) is for when you're already done
-- except for those pesky runtime bugs.