[Edu-sig] the state of the link

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Tue Apr 20 10:35:37 EDT 2004

I am talkative this AM. Avoiding work.

The thread on indexing was begun by myself in a post that was intended to be
a bit tongue-in-cheek.

I find the current approach of Python easy enough to absorb and easy enough
to work with.  Enough being the operative word. And I reject the notion that
this issue, and issues like it, are Big Issues.

Your post seems to indicate that you feel otherwise.

You might be right.  It might be a Big Issue.  But then I would contend it
must be a Big Issue that Python has right.  Because if Python had it
fundamentally wrong, I would like to believe I would have noticed it more as
a Big Issue, in learning to program, with Python.

And Dijkstra seems to agree that Python has it right.

So either it is inherently not a Big Issue, or Python has it right.

So why are we talking about it in regard to Python?

Because I brought it up - is one unfortunate answer.