[Edu-sig] Re: Teaching graphics with Python (was Introductoryhighschool programming)

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Sun Aug 1 17:14:31 CEST 2004

I had written.

> > My slides are here:
> > http://www.4dsolutions.net/oscon2004/ (might be some minor problems if
> > viewed in Windows, not sure (tried to make it work well in both, but
> > kept finding little discrepancies going back and forth, and did all
> > last minute editing on the Linux side)).
>
> Looks super.

Let me release my ego again, which I think I have successfully kept under
control for 3 or 4 posts, running.

If you synthesize your 2 major thrusts -

Math through programming
Graphics through programming

perhaps you come to something not far off from what PyGeo attempts.

...whether PyGeo is at all successful in achieving what it attempts being a
whole separate matter.  I am not fully sure myself, that it does.

But I do appreciate your mention of it in your talks.