[Edu-sig] Hello, I'm Tim...

The Bauman Family baumanpdx at comcast.net
Thu Dec 16 03:17:59 CET 2004

>OK, back from Salem.  It's a fine town (got a lot done too), although I must
>say, Tacoma is really coming along.  Our family made a side trip into Tacoma
>over the Thanksgiving weekend.  Off topic:  some slides from that side trip:
>http://tinyurl.com/3htra (the weird metal volcano that appears so many times
>is the outer hull of a glassworks -- part of the Museum of Glass, these
>being outside shots of it taken on my little Fujifilm 2600).

That slideshow thing is awesome. It's done in Java, I assume?

>For those of you who've maybe visited, the whole blog thing is implemented
>in Python.

I think someone did visit as a result of the site, as the visitors went
up from around 20 this month (very few) to 53 (still very few, but more!).

>Tim has tweaked and expanded Pybloxsom in various ways (the blog
>documents some of those accomplishments).  The calendar cgi is also Python.
>And he's been switching over from raw cgi to a mod_python based approach,
>which is something I'm behind on.

Yeah, I made the mod_python version at
http://kmg.is-a-geek.org/python/cal.py, and the calendar that Kirby made
can be found at that url plus /cal2

Tim

--
Visit my website: (and please be a supporter of free trade, free
software, phr33 s0ftware, free dom, and free propoganda by giving