[Edu-sig] TinyP2P

The Bauman Family baumanpdx at comcast.net
Fri Dec 17 02:04:52 CET 2004

Dean Lake wrote:

> Just saw this last night.
>
> TinyP2P - The World's Smallest P2P Application
> http://www.freedom-to-tinker.com/tinyp2p.html
>
> 15 lines of Python code.
> Written to "to illustrate the difficulty of regulating peer-to-peer
> applications."
>
> So, remember kids, wear your white hat when programming. =];-{i
>
> Dean

I'm having a hard time getting it to work; it keeps telling me that it's
iterating over a non-sequence. I guess this means that the object isn't
a list or a tuple or anything like that. I think that means there's only
one host, which is to be expected. I'm trying to do it with 127.0.0.1 or
my local router-created network, but neither work. I tried setting up a
second server on the same machine (connected to that same network), but
it failed for the same reason. Can you get it to work?

Tim

--
Visit my website: (and please be a supporter of free trade, free
software, phr33 s0ftware, free dom, and free propoganda by giving