[Edu-sig] New graphics library (beta version)

John Zelle john.zelle at wartburg.edu
Thu Dec 30 03:47:44 CET 2004

I managed to get a bit of time today to play around with some changes
I've been thinking about for my graphics library. Basically, my goal has
been to get it to work better with the new IDLE. This new version runs
TK in a separate thread so that a graphics window will stay responsive
even when experimenting interactively at the IDLE prompt.

Unfortunately, I am unable to run Windows at the moment, so I don't know
if this works on that platform. I would love it if some of you could try
it out and let me know. Specifically, I'd like to know if it "plays
well" with the IDLE shell.

A word of warning, I have not yet tested this very thoroughly even under
Linux; it should be considered early Beta code. I hope to have a
colleague test it out in our CS 1 class this winter (I'm not teaching it).

Please give this a try if you're interested. Any and all feedback is
welcome.

--John