[Edu-sig] John Miller's Doctoral Thesis

Jeffrey Elkner jeff at elkner.net
Tue Jan 6 08:58:12 EST 2004

John Miller has written a dissertation entitled "Promoting Computer
Literacy Through Programming Python", which provides a wonderful
analysis of the discussion archives of the edu-sig.

If you haven't seen it yet, you can get it at:

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~jmiller/miller_dissertation.pdf

John is willing to make a presentation of his work at PyCon this year,
and I was thinking we could make it the openning presentation in the edu
track at the conference.

Ideally John would like an hour for the presentation.  I haven't heard
yet how presentations will be structured, but John's presentation will
be a great way to get discussion going at the conference.

--
Jeffrey Elkner <jeff at elkner.net>
Open Book Project <http://ibiblio.org/obp>