[Edu-sig] what? (late nite entertainment) (*)

Dethe Elza delza at blastradius.com
Wed Jan 28 23:57:20 EST 2004

Well, it seems to generate primes less than n, but breaks if n < 2
(perhaps it should return an empty list?)

Another entry for obfuscated python... %-)

--Dethe

On 28-Jan-04, at 2:33 PM, Gregor Lingl wrote:

> def what(n):
>    x,y = range(n), [0]*n
>    x[1]= 0
>    z = 0
>    while z*z <= n:
>        z+=1
>        if x[z]: x[z*z:n:z]=y[z*z:n:z]
>    return [z for z in x if z]

This past week, everyday when I opened my Wall Street Journal, I was
met with a full page ad from Microsoft. This ad was dominated by three
simple words "Protect your PC." This strikes me as something akin to
the Saudi government running ads in the New York Times in mid-September
of 2001 saying "Protect your Tall Buildings." --Russ McGuire