[Edu-sig] Snack question

John Zelle john.zelle at wartburg.edu
Thu Jul 22 04:57:34 CEST 2004

I've only tried to use snack once and had a similar problem playing
sound files (although I did get it to generate nice tones). I resorted
to using an external command for playing sound files (I use artsplay,
because I run artsd for my sound system under Linux). I just  used
os.system() to fork the sound playing commands. Unfortunately, it's not
portable, but it was quick and easy. I needed it as a replacement for
Winsound on Linux.

--John