[Edu-sig] Re: VPython

Kirby Urner urnerk at qwest.net
Wed Jun 2 17:48:08 EDT 2004

> I know we are free individually to make these changes.  However, I'd
> like some clarification to verify the command-line thing-ami-bob would
> not incur their ire (I'm unclear where they draw the line, and they
> have felt very burned at least a few times).

I suppose one might ask them.

I'm not touching their source code, nor changing povray in any way.  I'm
just using it as I would /any/ unix command line program.

To say you don't want to be used in this way is to say you don't really want
to be part of unix/linux -- but since they've compiled a version for us, it
seems to me that's not really their concern.

Also, in linux, there's no official UI other than the command line (in
Windows, there's a cool graphical UI).

> How about something like:

<< SNIP >>

Looks good to me.