[Edu-sig] Possible Book

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Fri Jun 25 08:44:08 EDT 2004

Joel -

I've been blabbing on edu-sig since early in its existence.  And have
blabbed enthusiastically here much about Vpython, since quite early in its
existence.

Its original name was to be Visual Python. And I think it does in fact
succeed in extending Python quite seamlessly into the visual realm.
Especially the Python those of us here see as having potent educational
potential.

And none of this is abstract to me. Though the beginning of PyGeo pre-dates
Vpython (I started with pyopengl), the availability of Vpython allowed me to
get places with it that I would not have otherwise gotten.  And though PyGeo
is geared toward math/geometry - as I have blabbed repeatedly - I don't see
those subjects distanced from Art to any great extent.  Close neighbors.

There is nothing particularly profound about my perception - beyond the fact
that it ignores prevailing cultural perceptions of the moment.

I would be interested in your reaction and thoughts on how our interests
might be brought closer together.

Art