[Edu-sig] Re: Whither PyGeo?

John Miller jmillr at umich.edu
Mon Nov 1 21:42:35 CET 2004

I've never had the opportunity to play with PyGeo, partly because there
wasn't a particular need to, and partly because I was waiting for it to
arrive at a newer release state. However, there is a *possibility* (not
yet even a probability) that I'll be able to begin teaching beginning
Python programming to middle schoolers either in Feb. or Sept. 2005.
So, I'm casting about for materials to use, and PyGeo would definitely
be on my list if Arthur were able to whip it into shape for release.
So, this message is meant primarily as one of encouragement to make a
newer version available that incorporates all of its improvements. But
also I'm wondering if there are any underlying issues with PyGeo, as
it's evolved, that would benefit from a discussion here? (I guess I'm
primarily wondering about its suitability for younger beginning
programmers, its API, etc.)

John Miller