[Edu-sig] SHIKSHANTAR

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Mon Nov 22 21:12:43 CET 2004

Robert writes -

> On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 09:11:56 -0500, Arthur <ajsiegel at optonline.net> wrote:
> > This approach seems sensible, in the commonsense sense of sensible.
> Really
> > nothing very innovative or controversial being suggested, one would
> think.
> >
> > Except that of course it is.  Which, again, is the clue of there being
> > something way off kilter.
>
> *laughs*
> Such is the way of change.

Except that you are more the optimist than I if you sense that this is the
general direction in which change will in fact take us.

At least as to mainstream education.

I guess more and more actual education will be happening off-line from the
mainstream.  As is already happening, one senses.  In that sense, I allow
myself to be an optimist.

But mourn a bit the loss of a more defensible mainstream.  There is much
crap out on the fringes, and I do hesitate to send kids out there
unattended.

Best I can articulate the dilemma I see.