[Edu-sig] Python and statistics

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Sat Nov 27 17:18:13 CET 2004

Thanks.

I was also pointed to this resource:

http://salstat.sunsite.dk/

which is one that is interesting also in light of recent discussion here  -
in that the author's more direct interest is HCI, and this project's
motivation is connected to an effort to improve on what the author perceives
to be interface weaknesses in commercially designed Statistics packages.

The general situation here reinforces some my idea about there being
something of a glut, rather than a paucity, of resources.

Specifying one particular programming language, and one relatively narrow
subject area, the existing possibilities are enormous.  Not something to
complain about, obviously.

But it does complicate matters some.

Art