[Edu-sig] More play with PIL

Kirby Urner urnerk at qwest.net
Mon Sep 27 03:34:16 CEST 2004

I'd done some fractal stuff w/ Python ages ago, but with encouragement from
a geochemist I've been corresponding with, I added color to what had been
only gray-scaled fractals.

What's cool is I could add color in PIL with no net addition of code -- I
took out as many lines as I added (about four, either way).
http://www.4dsolutions.net/ocn/fractals.html

Also, I added a new web page featuring a spirograph kind of output (using
PIL again) at:  http://www.4dsolutions.net/ocn/cardiods.html

Again, my geochemist friend was the source of the inspiration -- actually of
the code itself in this case, but in Pascal.