[Edu-sig] CP4E

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Sun Apr 10 20:06:52 CEST 2005

You got me going.

Not unconnected to Lee's point:

"Files" aren't real, they don't exist, it is a paradigm stolen from the
business office and has nothing to do with 5th graders, and by the time they
are in 11th grade the paradigm, most likely, will have changed dramatically.

The paradigm you are accepting, and teaching uncritically, is the interface
fiction as something approaching a reality.

If business offices put their papers in smoogies, we would be accessing
smoogies from our hard drives.  When of course we are doing neither of
accessing files, nor smoogies.