[Edu-sig] CP4E

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Sun Apr 10 20:50:53 CEST 2005

The further point being, in my mind, that the TeachScheme folks are much
more responsible (because I think they are quite serious in and about what
they are doing) about representations in respect to issues of age
appropriateness.  And that to some extent is and has been near the root of
my admittedly knee-jerk reaction when I approach the idea of 5th graders
parsing text files in Python.

Logo has been mentioned.

Lisp is to Logo as Python is to nothing that exists, or IMO, needs to exist.
Since Logo exists.

And Python is a programming language - most appropriate where it is most
appropriate - not a Movement.