[Edu-sig] CP4E (states cgi demo)

Kirby Urner urnerk at qwest.net
Mon Apr 11 20:43:58 CEST 2005

> Kirby -
>
> A great microcosm of where things stand, IMO.
>
> It's simply amazing how well what we are capable of technically maps to
> how things *should* be taught.
>
> Is there an Unseen Hand arranging the universe in this user friendly
> fashion.
>
> Art

Not nearly user-friendly enough yet, IMO.

To make all this usable to grade school teachers, I need a real web page, in
addition to working, downloadable scripts plus raw data.  Once that's all in
place, a Spanish version would be cool, for use at West Precinct.

Also, to make it all more relevant and substantive, I think the emphasis
needs to be on databases as a key topic -- meaning I need to lose the text
file and read from a data table instead.  The text file now becomes the
source of raw data for the data table (instantiated before any cgi scripts
get run).

I'll let you know when my very visible hands have done the work.

The capital of Guam is Agaña, and that little n-with-a-tilde is plunging me
into the world of utf8.  Certainly Unicode is another one of those key
topics that kids should check out early on.

Here's an overview of my curriculum that includes it (Unicode):
http://www.4dsolutions.net/ocn/mainoutline.html (back to basic numeracy --
but there's overlap with geography, certainly).