[Edu-sig] CP4E (states cgi demo)

Kirby Urner urnerk at qwest.net
Tue Apr 12 22:44:32 CEST 2005

> I haven't had the opportunity to teach programming yet, so I'm curious
> how those who have might approach the data-management aspect in this
> scenario Kirby is sketching.
>
> John Miller

Hi John --

All your suggestions are good ones.  I especially like when you describe
quizzes that might necessitate going to a multi-table format, meaning
relational and/or Boolean selects (WHERE clause join and filter conditions).

The point about too many choices in the popup is also valid, especially in
light of the random shuffling that goes on, i.e. most sane drop-downs you'd
encounter would at least be alphabetical for crying out loud.

One of my chief pedagogical techniques is, people looking at my stuff *know*
they can improve on it, with a little work.  Heck, even *I* know that.  It's
a hard thing, sometimes, to just stop and leave a simple, primitive example
that is, how shall I put it, annoying (because it's so ready for
improvement).  I try to fix most of the typos at least.