[Edu-sig] re: Beyond CP4E

Kirby Urner urnerk at qwest.net
Sat Apr 16 09:46:31 CEST 2005

> If you judge there to be little difference between holding the old Life
> magazine in one's hand, with its address label peeling,
> and retrieving an image of it from a database and viewing it on a computer
> screen than you would be correct in judging that I am saying very little.
>
> Art

There's a difference sure.  Not all kids are lucky enough to have direct
access to originals -- Vatican Library a case in point.  What you get in
cyberspace may well be "second best" in many cases.  But then, considering
the situation globally, the choice is often between "second best" and "none
at all."

Speaking of Shakespeare, I think the computer has brought us as close as
we've ever come to Prospero's books.  Check Google if the allusion isn't
clear.