[Edu-sig] re: Beyond CP4E

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Sun Apr 17 21:51:17 CEST 2005

How could it be otherwise?

Haven't we  - largely because of the power of the computer - learned about
the pervasiveness and fundamental reality of non-linear systems.  And isn't
it clear that in talking about learning we are talking about (at least)
non-linear processes.  So that linear presentation cannot suffice. And so
that  a discussion in linear terms being a clear indication of
oversimplification.  And therefore not worth pursing.

The philosophers tend to see ahead about.  Is my intuition that this was in
part what Wittgenstein was communicating in his non-linear fashion, totally
off-base?

Be that as it may, if you discount my efforts to communicate on the grounds
on which you seem to be doing so, you are leaving the field to the
linearists.  A mistake. It is true that I don't know more than they do.  But
would argue that I am exhibiting a more realistic grasp of what I (and they)
don't know. Which - under the circumstance is something - an important
something.