[Edu-sig] Postmortem of my OSCON talk

Kirby Urner urnerk at qwest.net
Fri Aug 5 06:36:47 CEST 2005

> So I tend to fall back on an instinct to fight to call a halt to the
> process in its entirety.
>
> Art

OK, we agree it's important (open source).  But I didn't mention selling
anything.  Just a prediction that these archival video resources might
become available, perhaps initially for sale to schools as DVD sets.

Other selling might be in the form of studio reputation (what some of the
graphics design shops gain in terms of exposure, to potentially paying
clients), or in the form of product placement (e.g. many of the math vids
might feature TI calculators, or other relevant artifacts e.g. geodesic
domes).