[Edu-sig] Design patterns

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Mon Aug 22 02:55:59 CEST 2005

I guess.

Though I can't say I find there to be much consensus out there about what
language features truly make for robust software development from group or
community efforts.  Python itself can be thought of as a robust community
effort - in C, which itself probably pre-dates/ignores much of the lessons
of what is necessary for such effort. Java seems obsessed with these kinds
of concerns - which is why I do in fact find coding in it as a solo as a
kind of foolishness.

OTOH, I find code readability absolutely satisfying, even without an
expectation that anyone else will in fact be reading it.

Whatever.