[Edu-sig] "Model syntax changed" (was Design Patterns)

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Fri Aug 26 15:19:53 CEST 2005

>Suppose you'd already published a Triangle class API and then discovered
>you needed more dynamism.  The property feature lets you sneak in some
>methods without changing the already-published API and breaking client

>A lot of these lessons about robust software development come from group or
>community efforts.  Some aspects of Python maybe don't much excite you
>because you're primarily a solo coder (as am I much of the time).

Not claiming this is directly counter to the above, but it is interesting in
this context to look at something happening on the ground, re: Django

"Model syntax changed"

This is the first really big community-driven improvement to Django, and
it's been awesome to see it come to fruition. Thanks, guys!