[Edu-sig] Writing books/manuals containing code

Nicola Larosa nico at tekNico.net
Wed Aug 31 15:18:49 CEST 2005

>> You want Leo ( http://leo.sourceforge.net/ ). It is a versatile outliner
>> that lets one compose documents including references to external files,
>> that are automatically tracked. It's a very powerful "literate programming"
>> tool (also known as "executable documentation").

> Do you have any .leo files doing this that you can share, or links to
> documentation?

There's lots of examples and docs on the site, maybe even too many. :-) It
surely takes some study at the beginning. I'd say, start from the
tutorials, and just take your time.

> I've been reading Leo's site and googling, and still
> don't understand enough to make the program work.

Instead of just reading, try running the program, and studying its examples
from within.

--
Nicola Larosa - nico at tekNico.net

My god carries a hammer. Your god died nailed to a tree. Any questions?
 -- maxpublic on Slashdot, July 2005