[Edu-sig] DrPython, redeaux

ajsiegel at optonline.net ajsiegel at optonline.net
Fri Feb 25 19:57:20 CET 2005

I had checked in with DrPython early in its development cycle, and
I know it to be prominently listed in the edu-sig page write-up
of Python IDE's for with an educational slant.

I had the opportunity to re-acquaint myself with it and its
progress recently.

I think it worth mentioning here for those who have not had the
opportunity to have a look, that it a very actively developed project,
led by folks working in the educational field.

Well done, the essentials one would hope to find simply laid out, stable
(even runs VPython scripts flawlessly), easily extensible in Python through
an accesible API.

Relies on and leverages off of what is available in wxPython,

Developing an active user community, including something brewing with it
at the U of Toronto.

I am concluding that it to be the IDE I will recommend for use with PyGeo.

About the lead developer:

"""
About Daniel Pozmanter

I am a graduate of the University of Massachusetts, Amherst.
I hold a degree in Cognitive Science (BS.  Magna Cum Laude).

For the last two years of my undergraduate career, I taught
Philosophy, Rhetoric, and Civics at a local alternative high school.
This school, North Star, allows its students to take charge of
their academic careers.  This allows them the flexibility to
approach their middle and high school years with the
joy and focus of a college student.  (In fact, many of the
students take courses at the local colleges and universities).
"""