[Edu-sig] A case against GUIs in intro CS :-)

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Fri Jun 3 05:42:36 CEST 2005

There is also, BTW, embedded respect for Python within the text.  It does
not mean to be a text introductory to programming.  And sometimes points are
made by comparing Lisp features to similar or analogous one's of other
programming languages, often in footnotes.  And in all cases when doing so,
Python is included among the languages (usually with Java and Perl) that are
being discussed.  I think that's a pretty impressive testimony in itself to
Python's current place in the universe.

Art