[Edu-sig] A case against GUIs in intro CS :-)

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Sun Jun 5 17:03:30 CEST 2005

The only realms that I can think of in which the notion of the voluntary
adoption of and adaptation to discomfort has been successfully introduced is

Religion
Athletic training

I have decided to (at this time) forego the incorporation of the Church of
the Awkward Interface (hmmmm... foregoing some nice tax benefits), and
concentrate for the time being on the athletic training meme.

See how far I get.