[Edu-sig] Teaching programming to physics students

Peter Bowyer peter at mapledesign.co.uk
Mon Jun 13 17:00:40 CEST 2005

At 20:24 11/06/2005, André Roberge wrote:
>My first suggestion would be to go through the edu-sig archives. :-)

Heh, I've been trying but haven't found the search tool too helpful, with
few results for 'physics'.  Is there an official searchable archive (aka
something with a good search index)?

Thanks for the book recommendation, I've ordered it from the library.

>If I may suggest one additional topic (which I didn't see after a quick
>scan, it would be to explore simple functional programming techniques,
>and "demonstrate" the fundamental theorem of calculus,
>as inspired by Kirby.
>(http://aroberge.blogspot.com/2005/04/computing-derivatives-using-python.html)

Thanks for the idea, it looks a fun idea to work in.

Peter

--
Maple Design - quality web design and programming
http://www.mapledesign.co.uk