[Edu-sig] Looking for a comprehensive Python and Tkinter documentation (like the Java documentation)

Florian Reichl florian.reichl at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 17:03:54 CET 2005

Hello everybody,

before using Python I was using Java at school.
I really like Python. It has a lot of advantages.
But I am missing the good documentation provided with Java!

Look at this:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/index.html
Here you find every class. And if you look at a class you see all its
methods, constructors and fields.
You find the class hierachy it inherited (and their methods) and all
the subclasses.
That makes it easy to use and navigate.

Is there anything like that made for Python???

Thank you for all pointers, links and ideas!

Best regards,
Florian

P.S.: Where do I find the official Tkinter documentation?