[Edu-sig] GvR and Python in the high school

Dan Schellenberg schellenberg at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 22:56:48 CET 2005

Hello all.  I have posed the following question to Jeffrey Elkner, and
thought it would be a suitable topic of discussion here on edu-sig as
well.

I am a pre-service teacher finishing off the last semester of my degree
before venturing into the world of full-time teaching.  I will likely
be teaching some introductory computer science in the fall, and would
like to use Python as my language of choice.  Additionally, I am
intending to start the semester with a couple of weeks of GvR (Guido
van Robot).  Due to my lack of experience, I was hoping you could help
me with my anticipated timeline...

Questions:
- how long does it take for your students to work through the 18 steps
of GvR?  http://gvr.sourceforge.net/lessons/rfrank/
- would you be willing to share your course overview/expected timeline
for an introductory CS class with me?

Any help you would be willing to give would be much appreciated.
Dan

--
Dan Schellenberg
schellenberg at gmail.com