[Edu-sig] FW: [Visualpython-users] High School Network Security

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Sun May 15 00:34:17 CEST 2005

> [LHRIC is a technology-oriented consortium of local school districts
> <http://www.lhric.org>]

Went to the site, and from that linked into some of the procurement policy
rules and regulations with which they are working.

In business there is the "roll-out" concept.  Starbucks had a few coffee
houses and did a roll-out.

It is not so much that the technology is the bureaucratic soul-lessness.

Its the mechanism for a roll-out of it in a manner not before feasible.

But to note, and to criticize, what one sees puts one on the side of the
flat earthers.

Technology in education is progressive and progressive is good.

We see how much - from the note posted - the bureaucrat knows and needs to
know about technology.  But technology is power today, and its like a moth
to a flame.

Hopefully the convergence of the interests of the bureaucrats and
technologists is nothing more than an unfortunate temporary convergent of
interests.

But I think the situation is in fact far worse than that.