[Edu-sig] UPDATE 2: High School Network Security

Frank Noschese francesconoschese at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 19 17:28:56 CEST 2005

Hello again,

I was able to make a Movable Python CD that includes Idle and the VPython,
Numerical, and numarray packages.  It runs right off the CD, no installation
necessary.  Doesn't work well with the Citrix XP machines, but regular Novell
XP and '98 machines are fine.  The students can still save their work to their
network H:/ drive, but Python can't run unless the CD is in the drive.
Everything on the network stays intact!

It was very easy to do...I can post instructions if anyone is interested.

Thanks again so much for all your help!  I replied to the tech coodinator with
some of your responses...they will reconsider the installation at their next
meeting (but I did unfortunately ruffle a few feathers).

Frank Noschese
John Jay High School
Cross River, NY