[Edu-sig] Edu-sig Digest, Vol 22, Issue 26

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Sat May 28 18:57:11 CEST 2005

> Behalf Of André Roberge
>
> Easier to learn often translates with
> more ambitious projects being attempted ... and completed!
>
> It worked for me :-)

I came to Python before the CP4E initiative.

Much more important to me then, and much more important to me now, than how
easy or not easy the effort is the extent to which the effort is worthwhile.

Once I conclude the effort will be worthwhile, the effort will be made, and
easy or hard have no more meaning.

What attracted me to Python was - among other things- a sense of the spirit
of the community.  Hardcore geek.  None of them were doing Python because it
was easy. Fun, seemed to be the recurrent theme. Not easy.  I happen to like
fun, and wanted to see what all the fun was about.

As it turns out, its easy to have fun with Python - though its hard work to
get to that point.

I honestly don't know how to rate Python versus Java on the easy scale.  I
think strong arguments might be made on either side.

I guess someone, someplace might find Java more fun than Python - but I can
only bet that someone has crooked teeth or something.