[Edu-sig] Introduction to Python tutorial wanted for PyCON

Laura Creighton lac at strakt.com
Thu Nov 10 07:24:44 CET 2005

In a message of Wed, 09 Nov 2005 13:40:04 PST, w chun writes:
>On 11/8/05, Laura Creighton <lac at strakt.com> wrote:
>> http://mail.python.org/mailman/private/pycon-organizers/2005-November/0
>04356.html
>>
>> If they don't have one already, perhaps they have been asking in the
>> wrong places.
>

>hi laura,
>
>i have one and have delivered it at OSCON before, however, isn't it
>odd to have an intro to Python tutorial at a PyCon conference?  aren't
>all attendees going to be those already familiar with Python?  if i
>were a complete newbie, i'm not sure a conference completely devoted
>to a technical topic would be my 1st choice.

But it mught be your bosses first choice to send you.  Look at it
the other way around.  Assume you are desparate to learn the
Python programming language, and you are not the sort of person who
picks things up on your own.  Where would you go?

At last year's Europython, the section devoted to people who were
either new to python, or Zope people who had never programmed before
was really well attended.

>if you still one is still valuable for PyCon, i'll consider it... i
>just wouldn't want to see it cancelled due to lack of
>interest/participation.
>
>just my $0.02,
>-wesley

Better talk to Jeff about this.  I am just trying to get the word out.

Laura