[Edu-sig] ArsDigita U

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Sat Nov 12 16:15:37 CET 2005

Probably an old story to some:

Decided to take a look at the site of Neumont U, the big industry funded 2.5
year CS curriculum that Chick had visited and referenced.

http://www.neumont.edu/

Which brought me to a reference to Eve Andersson, the chair of the  BSCS
Program

http://www.neumont.edu/public/faculty/eve_andersson.htm

Which mentions her as a co-founder of ArsDigita Corporation.

Which brings me to this autobiographical article about the start-up and
bust-up of ArsDigita by another of the co-founders, Philip Greenspun

http://www.waxy.org/random/arsdigita/

which mentions ArsDigita's sponsorship of ArsDigita University

"a tuition-free post-baccalaureate one-year computer science program"

which brings me to the alumni site of the now defunct program, which makes
the teaching materials developed by the faculty for the program available in
various forms of media.

http://www.aduni.org/

An interesting story, with a sad ending, IMO :  Andersson at Neumont