[Edu-sig] question about livewires package. . .

Kirby Urner urnerk at qwest.net
Mon Nov 21 01:06:24 CET 2005

> Hope this helps and is clear enough.  Happy instructing.
>
> --Scott David Daniels
> Scott.Daniels at Acm.Org

We also ended up using this -n switch when I taught Python to home schoolers
at FreeGeek that time (Rita's class).[1]

I think because the one Python executable was in some shared bin on the
server, whereas the student workstations were diskless, booted right off
their Ethernet cards.

Given we were all running off the same server, in some primitive window
manager (not KDE or GNOME -- a much smaller footprint), probably the tcp/ip
loop-back IDLE uses to maintain contact with a subprocess didn't apply in
our case.

Speculation on my part.  On target?

Kirby
Oregon Curriculum Network