[Edu-sig] Microsoft's KPL

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Sat Oct 8 00:01:46 CEST 2005

I understand the point, but think that stating it the way that you do
implies the possibility of a better alternative.

I myself am a reformed school voucher, get the government off our back kind
of guy.

Personal frame of reference -

My youngest first cousin - the product of the identical public schools as
myself - ends up in an Iowa city because of her husband's university
affiliation, spends 2 years as a desperately out-of-place New Yorker and 2
years later wins the election as head of the city's School Board, with no
particular agenda beyond  - let's make things work the best we can within
the limits of available resources and accommodating diverse sensibilities on
topics of sensitivity as best we can.

Its legit.

And I guess that if Microsoft wants to undertake a campaign to suggest that
their business agenda and the realization of my son's potential are
cosmically related, I should, since I don't particularly admire the
organization welcome their right to spend good money to make themselves

LOOK RIDICULOUS.