[Edu-sig] quantum instance?

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Mon Sep 12 00:33:22 CEST 2005

Kirby Urner wrote:

>Lines aren't
>perfectly straight either -- zoom in and they become zig-zaggy/wavilinear.
>Zoom out, and all you get are curves and great circles.

Yes. From a bitmap perspective, anyway.

And certainly circles, even from a vector computer graphics point of
view are  actually polygons, not circles.  Which is really my problem..

And is directly related to dynamic zooming.  I am in fact attempting to
make my algorithm for converting a representation from a circle (i.e.
polygon)  to a line and back again sensitive to the  actual zoom level.

At some definition of local, the circle becomes a line.

Summer must be over .  I have time for this kind of fun again.