[Edu-sig] Visual Programming in Python?

Laura Creighton lac at strakt.com
Sat Apr 15 23:56:51 CEST 2006

In a message of Sat, 15 Apr 2006 22:05:43 BST, "kirby urner" writes:
<snip>
>We're no longer talking about kid-friendly programming though.  This
>is about adult application developers who want to save time,
>especially when it comes to visually designing a user interface from
>palettes of canned widgets.

it's not just time.  It's the boredom.  Writing commands to put the
little widgets here and there and there is to mind-numbingly dull.
Drag and drop has its own sort of tedium, mind you, but for some
reason it doesn't irritate me nearly so much as afternoons wasted
moving things a few pixels to the left, and then down a bit, and so
on and so forth.

Laura