[Edu-sig] Shuttleworth Summit

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 23:36:02 CEST 2006

I ran my slides for the London Knowledge Lab from within Pygame, which
allowed me to feature scrolling, bouncing, slides-within-slides, and
audio/video clip playing (plus there's a swooshing noise when I go
from slide to slide).

That's all very fun, but it's not anything like the Squeak experience
(wasn't supposed to be).

I did it to avoid using PowerPoint on Windows @ OSCON, a fate worse
than death.  Since then, I've had a few gigs where the same source
code proved useful.

I'd more like a stable of laptops though, so I could bring the right
distro of the right OS to the right meeting, at least more often than