[Edu-sig] Shuttleworth Summit

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Sat Apr 22 01:29:26 CEST 2006

> While reading the thread I realised that maybe some of you don't have a
> clear idea of what a Squeak E-Toy is (obviously there is the official
> http://www.squeakland.org/  for that)

Keep in mind that Stéphane Ducasse, the author 'Squeak: Learn
Programming with Robots' was present at the summit, as were Guido and
myself, and Alan Kay.  Squeak was capably demonstrated, plus
curriculum materials shared.

http://wiki.tsf.org.za/shuttleworthfoundationwiki/Project_20Summit

It's difficult to talk about Squeak if you haven't downloaded it and
used it.  As it happens, my daughter's school uses it as a lead-up to
Python.