[Edu-sig] Life Clock

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Sat Apr 22 16:16:59 CEST 2006

OK, here're two related Python modules for students to play with:

Intro to OO animals:

OO animals with a life clock:

I'm starting a new Saturday Academy class today and intend to use both
of these as a kind of ice breaker, meaning a way to quickly get into a
lot of Python concepts.  The computer lab I'm using supposedly has
VPython and POV-Ray, in addition to Python, so we'll be branching out
into more visualizations eventually, I expect.

Thanks for your help Andre.  I left room for additional collaborators
if anyone feels like jumping in e.g. showing our animals moving around
as colored blobs in VPython for example (might be a student project).