[Edu-sig] Look for opportunities and avoid bogging down in differences...

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Sat Apr 22 17:36:13 CEST 2006

On 4/22/06, Jeffrey Elkner <jeff at elkner.net> wrote:
> I'm not sure what to make of all the discussion on the list lately.

Hi Jeff --

A temporary spike as we come down off the high mountains of the
Shuttleworth Summit, Chelsea, UK.  I don't expect this high volume of
PySqueaking to continue.

Per my theme of X years on this list, I'm not looking to improve
computer science education per se.  I'm into taking over for math
teachers, who haven't kept up with the technology curve, which means
their students have been left behind.

So, for example, this recent Life Clocks thread in edu-sig translates
directly to this Math Forum lesson plan, which I'm about to go field
test at Portland State University, in my role as Adjunct Faculty,
Silicon Forest, Oregon.

http://mathforum.org/kb/thread.jspa?threadID=1369616