[Edu-sig] Bootable Python CDs?

Douglas S. Blank dblank at brynmawr.edu
Thu Apr 27 19:03:09 CEST 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-27 at 10:47 -0500, Ian Bicking wrote:

[snip]

> Anyway, a network syncing seems pretty reasonable.  That could be as
> simple as zipping up the work and uploading it to a class site, and then
> downloading it later (from any machine); you could put the code to do
> this on the CD.

I believe that Knoppix has the ability to gather up all of the files of
a student's desktop, and save them somewhere (network, flash memory,
floppy, etc). I think that is "Save KNOPPIX configuration" from the
"KNOPPIX" menu item. Then, the student can pick right back up from where
they left off.

This is a more general solution in that it saves everything from the
desktop, but requires Knoppix. Your solution sounds better if they were
moving between Windows, Linux, and Knoppix.

-Doug

--
Douglas S. Blank       Computer Science
Assistant Professor    Bryn Mawr College