[Edu-sig] Don't kids program anymore?

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Sun Apr 30 21:21:56 CEST 2006

On 4/30/06, Radenski, Atanas <radenski at chapman.edu> wrote:

> It takes between one and three years to develop a commercial game. Students who
> take on game programming can be soon disappointed because they are likely to
> produce games that look really primitive in comparison to their favorite commercial
> games.

Exactly.  This continues a thread from 2004:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/edu-sig/2004-December/004187.html

Programs like Gamemaker, which provide a sophisticated graphics engine
and not so difficult API are the way to go.  Per email from Jason (Tue
4/25/2006 3:50 AM), TSF is already looking at this version of Logo as
suggestive of a look and feel:

> http://www.elica.net/index.html

And of course we're not just talking about games per say, but of
simulations based in game theory.