[Edu-sig] Excited about Crunchy Frog

francois schnell francois.schnell at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 11:44:07 CEST 2006

On 02/08/06, John Zelle <john.zelle at wartburg.edu> wrote:
> > Kay's big objection, that children have unequal rights as publishers,
> > is still a concern.
> >
> At the risk of sounding like Arthur, quotes (actually indirect references)
> like this make me question the wisdom of Kay as an education guru. I have
> no
> idea what the context for this statement is, but it sounds patently
> ridiculous. The "right to publish" is [etc .... etc.]

I have no idea of the context either that's why I prefer to go for the
scientific approach and won't develop more:

1) Is it possible to have the source (link) of the statement to see the
context and to judge by myself eventually ?

2) while not the case:

"If you're looking at something and you don't know where it comes from, if
there's no pointer to the source, you can ignore it."

Tim *Berners*-*Lee* (WWW 'father')

Judging without sources (on faith then) seems a lot like "Guru" behavior to
me . Maybe that's why some countries go easily to war, following their Guru
without asking for the sources (something which could have been part of the
curriculum maybe ).