[Edu-sig] Wizard Schools (have you heard about them?)

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 00:24:55 CEST 2006

It's a spoof aka satire:

"I wish I'd thought of it back in 2006. I guess we all do."

but has lots of truths woven through it -- like all good science fiction.

The classism (rich vs. poor) is troubling, as one hopes the
wizard-recruiters come through *every* neighborhood in their gnu math
bizmos.  Why give preferential treatment to the historically
advantaged?  My biases run in the other direction, I must confess.

Not spoofing (though it may sound like it):

http://mybizmo.blogspot.com/2006/08/scripting-road-show.html

Kirby