[Edu-sig] Request advice/opinions on translations for Crunchy

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 01:52:04 CEST 2006

As we learned from Plone, internationalization has much to do with
"skinning", with a quick way to recustomize depending on a user's
needs.

(a) should we just freeze a master disk for each language,
(b) or might one distro handle multiple languages through some core
library reskinning service?

I think interimly, the former is more practical, as these core
services don't exist yet, what with unicode still being somewhat in
its infancy and so on.

We need the assistance of locales to get their versions defined in
some electronic archive.  Like, where's the gaelic version of Linux,
or at least a GNU desktop thereon?

One solution I've found: http://www.kde.ie/ga.php

Kirby