[Edu-sig] ANN: PyLogo 0.3

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Mon Aug 28 18:57:39 CEST 2006

With the recent mention of Logo, I realized I forgot to announce PyLogo
0.3 here: http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/PyLogo/

This release features the addition of object-oriented language additions
(TELL, ASK, class definitions), a doctest mode (see docs/test* for
examples of Python doctests), and slightly cleaned up interpreter

Ideally going forward with PyLogo I'd like to keep it focused on the
language implementation and look elsewhere for IDE/GUI support (removing
what little is currently there).  I believe (but this is not confirmed
by experience) that it should be relatively easy to integrate into other
Python-oriented environments -- it can call Python functions and deal
with Python objects.  Since there's already a lot of interesting
projects from several directions this decoupling of language and
environment seems more fruitful for experimentation.