[Edu-sig] ANN: PyLogo 0.3

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Mon Aug 28 18:57:39 CEST 2006

With the recent mention of Logo, I realized I forgot to announce PyLogo
0.3 here: http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/PyLogo/

This release features the addition of object-oriented language additions
(TELL, ASK, class definitions), a doctest mode (see docs/test* for
examples of Python doctests), and slightly cleaned up interpreter
interaction.

Ideally going forward with PyLogo I'd like to keep it focused on the
language implementation and look elsewhere for IDE/GUI support (removing
what little is currently there).  I believe (but this is not confirmed
by experience) that it should be relatively easy to integrate into other
Python-oriented environments -- it can call Python functions and deal
with Python objects.  Since there's already a lot of interesting
projects from several directions this decoupling of language and
environment seems more fruitful for experimentation.